KIDMASTERMIND brings great educational and entertainment experiences to our clients around the world, and our sites and applications are created to educate, entertain and connect clients with the best that Kidmastermind has to offer on the platforms and devices they prefer.
Our updated policy is designed to provide greater transparency into our privacy practices and principles, in a new format that is easier to navigate, read and understand. We continue to treat your personal information with care and respect.
Effective Date: June 2013
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including but not limited to you and/or your child’s first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
2. How We Collect Your Information
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically.
3. Use of Your Information by Kidmastermind
Other companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of Kidmastermind (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside Kidmastermind except in limited circumstances, including:
When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Customer Service as directed herein.
6. Children's Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications may be age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children's privacy, including:
Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
7. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect client information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
8. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
10. Comments and Questions
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Notice to California Residents:
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of clients, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual client.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual client.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our clients.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age in their jurisdiction to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In the United States and Latin America, the term "children" refers to individuals under 13 years of age.
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of Kidmastermind and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by Kidmastermind.
IP Address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our clients visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual's name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Customer Service as directed herein.
Kidmastermind. Kidmastermind refers to KIDMASTERMIND and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names. For questions related to children's privacy, you may also contact us at:
Kidmastermind is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program in the United States. If you believe that Kidmastermind has not responded to your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you may contact TRUSTe here or the United States Federal Trade Commission through its online consumer complaint form available here.